Don’t finalize those Christmas wish lists just yet, because Big Machine Records is releasing the soundtrack to ABC-TV’s Nashville on December 11. The collection features new music performed by the cast including Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, Charles Esten, Jonathan Jackson, Clare Bowen, and Sam Palladio. A full track listing for the album is below.
Producers T Bone Burnett, Dann Huff, and Michael Knox have collaborated to assemble the music featured in the show and soundtrack. Download sales of songs from the series have already exceeded 500,000 and the first official single, Panettiere’s “Telescope,” is quickly climbing the charts.
Nashville airs Wednesdays 9-10 pm/CT on ABC. See full episodes here.
Track listing: 1. Buried Under Performed by Connie Britton / Written by Chris Destefano, Natalie Hemby
2. If I Didn’t Know Better Performed by Sam Palladio, Clare Bowen / Written by Arum Rae, John Paul White
3. Undermine Performed by Hayden Panettiere, Charles Esten / Written by Trent Dabbs, Kacey Musgraves
4. Sideshow Performed by Charles Esten / Written by Aaron Scherz, Brad Tursi
5. Wrong Song Performed by Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere / Written by Marv Green, Sonya Isaacs, Jimmy Yeary
6. No One Will Ever Love You Performed by Connie Britton, Charles Esten / Written by Steve McEwan, John Paul White
7. Twist Of Barbwire Performed by Jonathan Jackson / Written by Elvis Costello
8. Love Like Mine Performed by Hayden Panettiere / Written by Kelly Archer, Emily Shackleton, Justin Weaver
9. Telescope Performed by Lennon Stella, Maisy Stella / Written by Cary Barlowe, Hillary Lindsay
10. When The Right One Comes Along Performed by Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio / Written by Georgia Middleman, Justin Davis, Sarah Zimmermann
11. Telescope (Radio Mix) Performed by Hayden Panettiere / Written by Cary Barlowe, Hillary LindsayRead more→
Broken Bow Music Group and Sony Music’s RED Distribution have formed Red Bow Records, a label partnership to be located in Nashville. The new imprint will be headquartered on Music Row, and BBR Music Group will handle its creative and promotion initiatives. Red Bow’s initial artist signings are hitmaker Joe Nichols and newcomer Rachel Farley. The debut single from Farley will be released in early 2013 with the album to follow next summer.
The news was revealed at a press event this morning (10/31) at Hard Rock Cafe, where Nichols signed his recording agreement in front of his team and members of the media.Read more→
Senior Vice President of Music Knox
Shalacy serves as Sr. Vice President for the Nashville based Production/Management Company, MUSIC KNOX.
She handles day-to-day operations and oversees the company’s artist roster that includes singer/songwriter Michael Tyler.
Shalacy is also the Production Coordinator for award winning producer Michael Knox. Her credits include projects on artists such as Jason Aldean, Thomas Rhett, Randy Owen, Rachel Farley, Bush Hawg, Trace Atkins, Josh Thompson, Frankie Ballard, Brantley Gilbert, Montgomery Gentry, and Hank Williams, Jr., as well as songs for the ABC hit TV show “Nashville”.
Griffin can also add musical credits to her resume. She sang background vocals on Jason Aldean’s 4X platinum selling single “Dirt Road Anthem”, as well as his single “1994”. She has also performed on Hayden Panettiere’s “I’m a Girl” (“Nashville”), and projects for Trace Atkins, Big Smo, Brother Trouble, and Montgomery Gentry.
Before moving to Nashville, Griffin worked as a paralegal in her native state of Louisiana.
Pictured(L-R) ASCAP’s Michael Martin, Michael Knox, Neil Thrasher, Jason Aldean, Michael Dulaney and ASCAP’s Marc Driskill
Michael Martin welcomed a full house to the lobby of ASCAP Tuesday (7/17) to celebrate Jason Aldean’s eighth career No. 1 single “Fly Over States.”
Veteran songwriters Neil Thrasher and Michael Dulaney, who have received seven and five No. 1 honors respectively, accepted awards alongside representatives from BMG Chrysalis, Full Circle Music, Major Bob Music, Mojave Rain Music, Warner/Chappell Music, and We Jam Writers Group. Producer Michael Knox, Aldean and the staff from Broken Bow Records, including Owner/CEO Benny Brown, were on hand to accept plaques.
“This song shows what a true copyright is,” said President of Full Circle Music, Michael Hollandsworth. “There could not have been a better recording than this from Michael Knox and Aldean. They have the ability to find great songs the way George Strait did.”Read more→